What is MySQL?
- MySQL is a database system used on the web
- MySQL is the most popular database system used with PHP.
- MySQL is a database system that runs on a server
- MySQL is ideal for both small and large applications
- MySQL is very fast, reliable, and easy to use
- MySQL supports standard SQL
- MySQL compiles on a number of platforms
- MySQL is free to download and use
- MySQL is developed, distributed, and supported by Oracle Corporation
- MySQL is named after co-founder Monty Widenius's daughter: My
What is PHP?
- PHP stands for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor
- PHP can collect form data
- PHP is a widely-used, open source scripting language
- PHP code are executed on the server, and the result is returned to the browser as plain HTML
- PHP scripts are executed on the server
- PHP can send and receive cookies
- PHP is free to download and use
- PHP files have a default file extension of ".php"
- PHP can encrypt data
- PHP can generate dynamic page content
- PHP can create, open, read, write, and close files on the server
- PHP can add, delete, modify data in your database
- PHP can restrict users to access some pages on your website